The objects (aims) of the Friends of the Hyde Park Picture House are:
1. To promote, support and participate in the cultural landscape of Hyde Park, Leeds and Yorkshire, particularly through an appreciation and understanding of the art of cinema.
2. To celebrate the heritage of the Hyde Park Picture House and ensure its preservation and continued use for cinema and related arts by and for all sections of the community.
The Friends is managed by a comittee of trustees who are elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting. The comittee organise Friends events and liase with the Picture House management to ensure it is achieving all it's objects going forwards.
For more information about the friends you can visit their official blog here.
If you're interested in meeting other film enthusiasts why not join the Leeds Film Meet-up group. It's organised by film lovers for film lovers and is a great way to meet people for film discussion.
Find out more about the film meet-up group here.
The Friends of Hyde Park are an organisation working towards charitable status. As such organising an AGM every year is a vital part of our governance. More importantly it's a stellar way to get together and share information about what's going on, meet lots of lovely people and enjoy some free food and a film.
This years AGM is on Sunday 17th May. Members are invited to start arriving from 12.45pm for a 1pm start.
The agenda will go as follows:
1. Register of attendance and apologies. Please bring your membership card along and show it upon arrival at the Picture House.
2. Minutes of 2014 AGM.
3. An update on the application to register as a charity.
4. Chair’s Report
5. Treasurer’s Report
6. Election of committee and officers
7. Report of the General Manager of the Picture House and an opportunity for questions from Members.
8. Any Other Business followed by a FREE buffet and a screening of Louis Malle's AU REVOIR LES ENFANTS.
If you would like to attend please email email@example.com
We can now process membership online via our BigCartel page and we will post membership cards out to you: hydeparkpicturehouse.bigcartel.com
You can also find Friends application forms in our programme or you can pick one up at the Picture House and drop it with us along with cash or cheque. Your card will be ready to collect the next time you visit the cinema.
We are more than happy to provide Friends cards to give as a gift. Simply provide us with the details of the recepient and we can either post it directly to them or to you.
For further information please call 0113 275 2045 (6pm - 10pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make cheques payable to ‘FHPPH’ and send to Hyde Park Picture House,
Brudenell Road, Leeds LS6 1JD